Monday, November 21, 2011

~damaged goods-update~

a while back that they were going to 
make me pay for?
This here's an update to that story......
So-I go back to the library to
pay for this book. In return, they were
suppose to give me the book I had damaged.
I thought I would give it one last ditch effort
before I forked over the cash for
this MINIMALLY damaged book.
To start off with, I dealt with a different 
person this time. A really sweet young gal.
I told her that I was there to pay for a book
that they told me I had to replace
 because it was "un-usable". She went in
the back and got the book in question and looked
at it herself and said, "Are you kidding me?"
She agreed with me, the damage was barely
recognizable and the book was far from
ruined. She told me she couldn't over-ride the
fee without an approval from her supervisor...
but she wasn't there that day.
Long story short.....
I ended up speaking to the library manager
that day and she thought it was 
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that
they had attempted to make
me buy a new book. 
They reversed the fine and put the book 
back on the shelf. 
Can I get a woot woot?!
I wasn't kidding or exaggerating when I told
you that the damage was barely noticeable. 
 

2 comments:

Jolie said...

woot woot!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you didn't have to pay for this book considering the reason I won't read library books is because I think they're gross, and this little bit of damage is pathetic compared to some books I have seen there.

Total Pageviews