Wednesday, November 16, 2011

~kids jammies~

One of the traditions in our home that
has been passed on from my childhood
 is new jammies on Christmas Eve. 

I usually make these each year 
because they are soooo easy.
It's also usually the first on my
list of Christmas projects that I complete.....
for the same reason....
because they are so easy. 

For my little guy's pants I used a
NEW LOOK pattern #6131

 For the top I bought a plain t-shirt at
Walhell for $4 and put an applique on it.

For my little lady I used 
McCall's pattern #3665 for the bottoms.
(Thanks for the patterns Nanc!)
The bum has ruffles....
I love that.

 For her top I took one of her
plain onesies and added sleeves and
a heart applique. I thought adding the sleeves
would be a piece of cake. I'm not gonna lie here....
it was a pain in the butt! It was awkward trying
to get it into my sewing machine at the right
angle and sew on such a tiny piece of
material. It took me way longer than it
should have. Next time will be better.

I'll give you one guess to figure out
where I got the fabric......

If you guessed the box of fabric from 
my Mom you were right! I'm telling 
you-that is really the gift that keeps on giving.
To say it's a box is a little understated.
It was actually about 4 boxes. 

Looks like I can cross these off the list.
Next up-
slippers.
Wish me luck.
My boy has high expectations for these.
He wants them to look like a bear or a deer?!
We'll see what I can come up with.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh man I love the ruffles. Very cute.

Total Pageviews