Wednesday, September 26, 2012

~poor girl's flower arrangement~

 Sometimes the days and anniversaries we remember
are not always the mark of a happy event. 
Just because it's not happy doesn't
 mean it shouldn't be acknowledged.

I have a few friends who have lost people 
who were very dear to them in life.......
brothers, children, parents, spouses,
friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, etc.
I try to acknowledge their day of passing in
some form or other....whether it be
just a phone call or a text to let them know I'm 
thinking of them or an actual gift, I feel it's 
important for them to know that their
pain and loss is not forgotten just because life
for everyone else has "gone on". 

Today was one of those days for a good friend.
The day she lost her brother 14 years ago, 
tragically and sudden.
I wanted to do something special for my 
friend and her mother. My limited funds
didn't allow for much so this is what I
came up with: flowers on the cheap
from my yard, packed into a little baby food jar
and wrapped with a brown paper bag, tied with a bow.
I found some drawer sachets with words of
encouragement on them at Michael's for 50 cents each.
I attached one to each arrangement.



 
 
 I hope it brought a little bit of sunshine to their day.
I think I do it as much for me as I do for them.
It hurts to watch someone you love hurt.
It makes me feel better to do something nice for them.
It doesn't take much to let someone know you care.
Do something nice for someone in your life today.
Just because.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Total Pageviews