Friday, November 30, 2012

~wire wrapped ring~

 I love organic, primitive looking jewelry.
This ring was totally made by accident while
I was trying to make another ring, getting
directions from my Mom on how to do it.
I learned that my Mom is really not good
at directing me thru a project. She told me I needed
36 inches of wire to start with.......for one ring! 
Once we realized it was waaaayyyyyy
too much wire, I snipped off the excess and
just started bending and wrapping it around the
ring mandrel. This is what I ended up with:
           I've been wearing it everyday since.....
I love it. 
(Pretend my hands don't look so old and dry in this picture.)

The "real" ring we were trying to make........
.........HIDEOUS!
It stands about an inch off my finger.
I am NOT exaggerating either.
I don't know why I don't have a picture of it.  
I've got lots of wire projects in the works.
Well.....not actually "in the works".
It's more accurate to say that I have lots of
wire projects in my head and on my list.
We'll see how many of them I actually get to.
I'm not busting my ass this year to get things done.
I'm tired.       
Pin It

2 comments:

Jolie said...

cute!
looks light and simple to wear daily.
i have a ring that i wear on my pointer finger everyday...it's become a part of me and my finger feels lonely if i forget to put it on.....and my hands look weird without it cuz im used to seeing it.

Amanda said...

very cute. I wish I had the patience to make stuff. It just makes me frustrated cuz I know what I did wrong in the process.

Total Pageviews